We are using our sports premium to fund a lunchtime sports club for pupils throughout the week. This features a range of sports such as dodgeball, football, archery, cricket, basketball and other team games.
The impact for pupils includes:
- Improvement in levels of physical activity and exercise.
- Improved physical skills related to different sports.
- Enhancement of enjoyment and engagement in a range of sports.
- Improvements in pupils’ social interaction and team building skills including taking turns, being part of a team, sense of fair play, coping with disappointment.
- Building on interaction and communication skills between peers and adults.
- Increased levels of self-esteem and confidence.
- Reduction in incidents during lunchtimes.