As we are a special school our admission arrangements come through the LA special school placement process.
Admissions to Derrymount School
All pupils at Derrymount School have an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
Pupil places are allocated through the SEND team at Nottinghamshire County Council. If a request for a place is to be made, contact with the SEND team must be made.
Before entry there should be:
- Initial tour of the school with office staff.
- Visit by parents / carers and pupil if possible with a member of the Senior
- Management Team to discuss the pupils’ strengths/ needs.
- Possible visits by Derrymount staff to pupil’s current placement
- Transitions programme set up with parents, current placement and Derrymount School
- Tailored to each individual child
- Some pupils will require a longer transition than others
- Transitions will always be arranged with the parents and staff at the current placement
- Transitions visits will be supported by staff from the current placement
- Visits will increase in duration and frequency as the programme progresses
Within seven weeks of entry:
- An assessment of the child’s ability will be carried out
- An IEP will be written
Visits to the school for prospective students are welcome, however, please be aware that to book a visit your child must either have an EHCP or be in the process of applying for one. Please contact the school office to book a viewing
All the necessary information about admissions to schools is also available on Notts County Council Website.